Your trusted basement waterproofing company in Hudson, WI
Our team is dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients, whether they are for crawl space encapsulation, Foundation repair, or basement waterproofing. In addition, we are experts at leveling concrete, mud jacking and repairing sinking slabs. For the purpose of assessing, identifying, and resolving any radon hazards at your property, we also offer radon testing and mitigation services.
The majority of projects may be finished quickly, cheaply, with little inconvenience, and without removing and replacing the existing concrete. Our experts in foundation restoration can raise a patio in the morning so that its owner can host a party on it that evening!
Learn more about basement waterproofing in Hudson WI.
Facts about Hudson, WI
Hudson is a city in St. Croix County, Wisconsin, United States. As of the 2020 United States census, its population was 14,755. It is part of the Minneapolis–St. Paul Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). The village of North Hudson is directly north of Hudson.
Hudson was settled in 1840 by Louis Massey and his brother in-law, Peter Bouchea. William Streets arrived at about the same time. Later that year, Joseph Sauperson (commonly known as Joe LaGrue) took up residence. These four are considered Hudson’s original inhabitants. Massey and Bouchea settled at the mouth of the Willow River, near the present-day First and St. Croix Streets. They had been part of a group that lived for some time along the river below Fort Snelling, which appears on some old maps as “Massey’s Landing”.
Hudson was originally called Willow River. It was later named Buena Vista by Judge Joel Foster, founder of River Falls, after returning from the Mexican War where he fought in the Battle of Buena Vista. In 1852, Alfred D. Gray, Hudson’s first mayor, petitioned to change the city’s name to Hudson, because the bluffs along the St. Croix River reminded him of the Hudson River in his native New York.
A large number of settlers arrived in the 1850s and 1860s, many of whom were ancestors of today’s residents. The lumber industry was the area’s prime attraction, and over time sawmills were established throughout the St. Croix Valley.
The Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railway was formed in 1881 from other railroads building between the Twin Cities and Chicago. The shops and headquarters of the Omaha Road were in Hudson. This route is now part of the Union Pacific Railroad.
On August 30, 1917, a violent mob of 1,000 held a night rally in front of the armory protesting the pacifist People’s Council of America’s attempt to hold a conference in Hudson’s prizefighting arena. The crowd then moved on the four organizers in the lobby of their hotel and threatened to hang them. Only after the pleadings of county attorney N. O. Varnum were the four allowed to leave town at once and unharmed.
U.S. Highway 12 once crossed the St. Croix River on a toll bridge between Wisconsin and Minnesota, which provided revenue for the town. With the construction of Interstate 94, the toll bridge was removed, though the long causeway extending to the former bridge location is now open to the public as a pedestrian walkway, known as “The Dike”.